About Community Church Deal
Who are we?
Community Church Deal is part of a worldwide denomination of Apostolic churches with its roots in the Welsh revival of 1904 and was brought to this part of Kent in the heyday of mining. There are still some families within the church today who can trace their roots in this area back to that heritage.
We are an active, Bible-centred family-friendly church, serving the area in which we live in Deal. Our congregation come from all kinds of backgrounds, drawn by our desire to worship God and put the Bible into practice in our daily lives. Our style is relaxed, contemporary and real: It’s a place where everyone can feel welcomed, loved and cared for.
The church is active in the community with our own initiatives such as; Leaps and Bounds, a community project for adults with physical and educational needs; Tiny Toes, a parent and toddler group each Monday; and we also support Deal Parochial Church of England School with 1 to 1 child coaching sessions.
We also work alongside partner organisations such as Deal Area Food Bank.
There are many ways to connect with us: Sunday services, coffee morning on Thursdays, small connect groups etc. We would love you to join us for any of these, just come along and say hello.
Everyone is loved as they are
Everything we have is a gift to be shared
Everything spoken is truth wrapped in love
Every person feels welcome and safe
Every day is an opportunity to encounter Jesus
Here are some of the team at Community Church Deal
What We Believe
1. We believe in one true and living God, the Holy Trinity, who from all eternity is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that the Triune God created all things out of nothing and proclaimed them to be good. He made mankind, male and female, in His image and likeness. Yet, through the sin of our first parents, sin and guilt has passed to us all, and human nature has been inherently corrupted.Therefore our only hope of salvation lies in repentance from sin and regeneration by God’s grace in Christ. Those who do not finally repent will face God’s eternal judgment.
3. We believe that God the Son has taken on true humanity and united it to Himself in the one person of the Lord Jesus Christ. For us and for our salvation he was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died an atoning death in our place to bear the penalty of our sins, rose triumphant from the dead the third day, ascended bodily to the Father’s right hand, and ever lives to make intercession for us. He will come again and establish His millennial reign upon earth.
4. We believe that through the finished work of Christ, believers are both justified by grace alone through faith alone and are being progressively sanctified.
5. We believe that the glorified and ascended Christ baptises believers in the Holy Spirit with signs following, empowering the church for its mission in the world.
6. We believe in the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit for the upbuilding, encouragement and consolation of the Church, which is the body of Christ.
7. We believe in the Sacraments of Baptism by immersion and of the Lord’s Supper.
8. We believe that the sixty-six books of the Holy Scriptures are inspired by God, without error, and carry His full authority.
9. We believe that the ascended Lord Jesus governs and guides His Church through gifts of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers, elders and deacons, for the unity, maturity, and growth of the church.
10. We believe that God’s saving grace is found only in Jesus and that we are called to persevere and abide in faith in Him.
11. We believe that Christ’s people are called to express their love through obedience to His commands, which includes the privilege and responsibility of bringing tithes and offerings to the Lord.